Talheim is situated below the "Worberg" - nestling in a narrow valley - close to the Town Tengen. The first mention in a document was already in the year 830. At that time the place was called "Talun". In the course of history the village's affiliation to various aristocratic families had changed. From 1488 Talheim had belonged to the Teutonic commander of the knightly order Mainau (domain Blumenfeld).
In 1922 the school and town-hall was put up. Today this building serves the organizations and is used for the most different events.
Annually the "International T(h)alheimer Meeting" takes place. The village Tengen-Talheim has already been able to hold this meeting three times so far.